Java - a hotchpotch of resources
(This is now massively out of date, I'm afraid...)
Some answers to common questions
- Roedy Green's Java
- The first place to look for the answer to a problem.
- Even if you don't follow them, you should
have reasons for it. I don't like the bracing style myself, but the
rest is good stuff.
- Bruce Eckel's site
- Includes a downloadable version of Thinking in Java, 2nd
Java Language Specification (2nd edition)
- The definitive language specification. Useful for
Java Virtual Machine specification
- Useful for details such as class-file formats.
- Patricia Shanahan's guide to debugging
Back to my homepage.